Connecting Systems for Wood Curtain Walls
As a manufacturer of patented connecting systems, we develop and produce high quality products that are distributed worldwide. Our connecting systems are extremely versatile as they can be used for various jobs across the board. Every connector allows a high level of prefabrication and has the CE- and Ü-Marking in accordance with the European and German certification of standards.
Our products are regularly inspected and thus guarantee maximum security for planners, architects, manufacturers, and owners. Knapp Connectors aids you in the inspiration and realization of your projects by providing the most efficient and innovative solutions.
KNAPP connectors believes in an effortless process combined with quality aesthetics in order to fulfill even the highest standards. With easy disassembly, these non-visible, self-tightening products add that perfect clean and finished look to your project.
The RICON® connecting system is a unique connector for main and secondary beam joints and can be installed on beams with a width as little as 50 mm.
The main and secondary beam joint connector RICON® consists of two identical connector plates made of steel. An optional lock can be installed to latch the connector. The RICON® is recessed and non-visible, and can be used with timber widths as little as 50 mm. RICON® is available in a single connector set and double connector set for cross joints in six sizes 60, 80, 100, 120, 140 and 160/40.
NEW and improved:
- Better grip on the timber by means of a star-shaped embossing on the backside of the connector plate.
- Mounting also on intermediate layers up to 26 mm (i.e. OSB).
- Special coating for increased corrosion resistance for indoor swimming pools, riding halls, stables and farm buildings (tested).
- Approval for off-centered glass loads up to 860 kg given by an additional reinforcing plate.
- ETA extension for Hardwood (i.e. oak, larch, beech)
- Concealed – connectors are recessed and non-visible.
- Flexible – Disassembly and reassembly possible if needed.
- High degree of prefabrication – fast and exact assembly on-site.
- Universal – connectors can fasten timber to timber, to steel, and to concrete components.
- Unique – can also be used for polygon façades.
- Slim timber dimension – can be mounted on timber with thickness as little as 50mm and up to 450mm.
- Labor efficient – no additional screwing or nailing needed when assembled on site.
- Adjustable – can be adjusted according to joints intervals and construction tolerances.
- Versatile – can be used for single joint and double joint applications.
- Flexible – direction of assembly can even be from the outside towards the inside and from down upwards.
- Safety – fire resistance according to (DIN 4102-2) by 4-sided concealed mounting (R30 ≥ 20 mm, R60 ≥ 40 mm).
- Neutral – can be used in combination with different exterior profile systems such as RP, Schüco, MBJ, Gutmann, RAICO, Stabalux, … etc.
The FASCO® Profile structural glazing system is an elegant solution to combine wood curtain walls with structural glazing. It also provides a high degree of prefabrication.
- Meets high architectural and engineering demands.
- The efficient processing reduces installation time by approx 20% compared to clamping profiles.
- No stiffening of the construction required – replaces wind bracings or steel structures.
- The inner glass pane of the insulating glass takes over the stiffening of the construction.
- Low thermal conductivity by using fiberglass instead of aluminum.
- Silicone weather joints allow plain and uniform facade surfaces.
- Pending approval for construction licensing.
Your Content Goes Here
Your Content Goes Here