Connecting Systems for Door and Window Manufacturing
KNAPP® Connectors provides solutions that maintain the optical quality of window and door manufacturing and construction, while being engineered in an innovative manner for fast processing and application. With multiple products and a high degree of prefabrication, we are confident in the perfect solution to fit your needs. We offer innovative non-foaming and low-shrinkage adhesives and connectors that are UV, weather, and outdoor resistant and will maintain an elastic adhesive joint.
The DUO 30 and DUO 35 sets consist of two identical round shaped steel brackets that hook into each other in a dovetail-like manner. First, the connectors are installed on the components and then the components are snapped together. The DUO 35 fastener is installed to the component with Euro-screws, is ideal for the industrial use with a CNC-routing machine and especially suited to mount windows on site.
- Simple – easy to mount by just snapping components in place.
- Non-visible – recessed and concealed fasteners.
- Efficient – reduces labor cost.
- Low recess depth – only 3 mm (2/16 inch).
- Versatile – two sizes ø = 30 and 35 mm and with each two version mL / oL (with / without sideways tolerance).
- Fast – only 15 mm (½ inch) hook way and can be used with standard screws.
The UNO 30 connector set consists of a round stainless steel bracket with a V-shaped receiver socket and a SK-screw, including a washer. Easy and fast assembly is guaranteed, as the generously V-shaped receiver socket receives the SK-screw head when mounted. Optionally, a lock, made out of spring steel, can be added to latch the connector. Because of the bracket’s round shape, it can be easily fitted into a 30 mm / 7 mm borehole or a 30 mm / 7mm milled rebate. As the SK-screw is mounted to the component, the washer is there to perfectly set it to the right height to fit perfectly in the bracket, while still giving the ability to adjust in order to compensate any differences in dimensions. The UNO 30 is designed to hold screws with a 5-6 mm head and serves a vast amount of versatile applications.
- Simple and fast – snap in place
- Concealed – not visible
- Self-tightening – through “dove tail” principle
- Safe – latch the connection
- Flexible – used for versatile applications
- Strong – holds up to 150kg/1.5 kN
The UNO 30 can be used for applications such as interior wall panels, baseboards, moldings, handrails and much more. There is truly no end to the versatile applications that the UNO 30 can be used for.
The UNO 30 is used in most cases for wood to wood components. However, it also can be used with normal dowels and that way opens up applications to fasten components to bricks, stones, concrete, dry walls, etc.