RICON® | The connector for Post-Beam Wood-Glass-Facade up to 26 kN
The main and secondary beam joint connector RICON® consists of two identical connector plates made of steel. An optional lock can be installed to latch the connector. The RICON® is recessed and non-visible, and can be used with timber widths as little as 50 mm. RICON® is available in a single connector set and double connector set for cross joints in six sizes 60, 80, 100, 120, 140 and 160/40.
NEW and improved:
- Better grip on the timber by means of a star-shaped embossing on the backside of the connector plate.
- Mounting also on intermediate layers up to 26 mm (i.e. OSB).
- Special coating for increased corrosion resistance for indoor swimming pools, riding halls, stables and farm buildings (tested).
- Approval for off-centered glass loads up to 860 kg given by an additional reinforcing plate.
- ETA extension for Hardwood (i.e. oak, larch, beech)
- Concealed – connectors are recessed and non-visible.
- Disassembly and reassembly possible if needed.
- High degree of prefabrication – fast and exact assembly on-site.
- Universal – connectors can fasten timber to timber, to steel and to concrete components.
- Unique – can also be used for polygon façades.
- Slim timber dimension – can be mounted on timber with thickness as little as 50mm and up to 450mm.
- Labor efficient – no additional screwing or nailing needed when assembled on site.
- Adjustable – can be adjusted according to joints intervals and construction tolerances.
- Versatile – can be used for single joint and double joint applications.
- Flexible – direction of assembly can even be from the outside towards the inside and from down upwards.
- Safety – fire resistance according to (DIN 4102-2) by 4-sided concealed mounting (R30 ≥ 20 mm, R60 ≥ 40 mm).
- Neutral – can be used in combination with different exterior profile systems such as RP, Schüco, MBJ, Gutmann, RAICO, Stabalux, … etc.