RICON® S is a main and secondary beam connector for heavy load. It consists of two identical connector plates, made of galvanized steel. The plates are screwed onto the timber, steel and / or concrete components. The components are then joined as the plates hook into each other in a dovetail-like manner. The RICON® S is used in residential and commercial timber construction, as well as engineered timber structures.
You can meet the needed load capacity through using the appropriate amount of RICON® S CS-screws.
There are two kinds of RICON® S connectors
- Welded collar bolt (VS)
- Screwed collar bold (VK)
Both kinds are available in four sizes: 140/60, 200/60, 200/80, 290/80.
NEW and improved:
- ETA extension for hardwood (i.e. oak, larch, beech).
- Flexible – disassembly and reassembly possible if needed.
- High degree of prefabrication – fast and easy assembly on site.
- Universal – connectors for timber to timber, to steel, and to concrete joints.
- Concealed – connectors are recessed and non-visible.
- Simple – self-tapping screws without pre-drilling.
- Easy – assembly made easy due to V-shaped bracket and only 3.5 cm hook way.
- Adjustable collar bolt – can be adjusted according to joints intervals, even up to 5 mm in timber length tolerances.
- Optional locking clip – latches the fastener against slide-in direction (e.g. wind suction forces).
- Safety – fire resistance according to DIN 4102-2 by 4-sided concealed mounting (R30 ≥ 20 mm, R60 ≥ 40 mm).