The QUICK-SET is a simple and efficient 2-part dowel connector including a threaded stud and a plastic sleeve. The QUICK-SET is self-tightening, non-visible, and can be inserted immediately into standard boreholes without waiting for glue to dry. Cabinets and case goods can be put together on site quickly and easily, thus high transport costs are omitted. With 4 sizes available you will be sure to find the perfect size you need for your application.
QUICK-SET – 2 Part Dowel
The QUICK-SET is a simple and efficient 2-part dowel connector including a threaded stud and a plastic sleeve. The QUICK-SET comes in ∅ 5 mm x 7.5 mm, ∅ 5 mm x 11 mm, ∅ 8 mm x 8 mm, and ∅ 8 mm x 26 mm. The plastic sleeve remains ∅ 8 mm for all versions and can be processed on flat surfaces with a material thickness of 5/8 (16 mm) or more. With 4 sizes available you will be sure to find the perfect diameter and length you need for your application.
The QUICK-SET is self-tightening, non-visible, and can be inserted immediately into standard boreholes without waiting for glue to dry. Cabinets and case goods can be put together on site quickly and easily, thus high transport costs are omitted. The processing of the two-piece connector is the same as with a conventional dowel – but in a much shorter time. In addition to its main area of application as a modern case goods connector, the QUICK-SET can also be used for drawers. Used as a gluing aid in staircase construction, the QUICK-SET can considerably facilitate the installation of massive wooden steps on wooden substructures. Another extraordinary area of application can be found in the ship interior. In the aluminum wall holes are drilled,
Features and Benefits:
- Fast assembly
- Components are simply snapped together in seconds
- Reduces labor and equipment cost i.e. no puttying of nail holes, breaking of trim through nailing
- Saves production and assembly time
- No Gluing – Due to the gear wheel embossing on the outside of the plastic dowel and anchoring to the dowel bottom (bolt), the QUICK-SET does not require any adhesive during application.
- Non-visible connector
- Appeals to the architect and customer
- No clamping necessary
- Pulls itself tighter once
- Connection is permanent and cannot be disassembled
- Safe and Strong – High pull-out values: 132 lbs for 3/4 in (19 mm) chipboard, 161 lbs for MDF, 161 lbs for 5/8 in (17 mm) spruce and 187 lbs for 5/8 in (17 mm) veneer coated beech
- Works specifically well for components with small dimensions where nails would need to be used
- Case good elements can be transported in individual parts, where final assembly is carried out on site
- Ideal for CNC machining centers
- High degree of prefabrication
- All kind of wood boards (solid and composite materials)
- Perfect for industrial manufacturing with CNC
- Used with all wood and board materials
- Can be used as a clamping aid while the glue dries
- For inside and outside use
- Clamping aid
- Case Goods
- Cabinets and drawer boxes
- Ship interiors
- Architectural Millwork
- QUICK-SET 5 mm, the holes for the metal studs are drilled with a Ø of 5 mm and a Ø of 8 mm for the plastic sleeve. QUICK-SET 8 mm requires a Ø of 8 mm for the metal stud as well as the plastic sleeve.
- The drilling depth for the plastic sleeve must be 31 to 32 mm
- The plastic dowel is loosely inserted into the borehole without adhesive.
- After preparation with both components, the body or furniture parts are joined together with slight pressure or using a rubber mallet
- Thread length of the bolt is 7.5 mm. This makes the connector suitable for vertical center elements (from 14 mm material thickness) in the carcass construction through a Ø 5 mm hole and screw in the bolt on both sides. For example, shelves can be mounted in one plane.
- For a length of 600 mm, we recommend distributing 5 to 6 QUICK-SET.
- The hole diameter for the plastic sleeve is always 8 mm.
- The drilling depth for the plastic sleeve must be 31 to 32 mm. As a result, an optimal tightening of the bolt is ensured to the bottom of the anchor when joining. It can end so no “hairline”.
Note for CNC machining
- Due to its geometry, the QUICK-SET is perfectly suited for mass production. Due to the possibility of rational prefabrication by means of a CNC machining center, the connector offers economical processing capability for the area of trim and passport molding production.