- Strong – joint can be loaded immediately after assembly, as the transverse grooves increase the strength.
- Fast – absolutely no clamping/pressing times (important for automatic dowel manufacturing).
- Self-tightening – the threads on the dowel ensure a strong hold until the glue is hardened.
- Efficient – as opposed to conventional dowel and glue methods, the longitudinal grooves on the KNAPP-Dowel assure the optimum distribution of the glue in the borehole and prevent bulging of i.e. chipboards due to the swelling of the glue.
- Robust – no opening of the joint due to shrinkage and swelling behavior, even when exposed to the environmental humidity changes.
- Quality – guaranteed quality – no risk of breakage and cracking, as opposed to hardwood dowels (beech dowels, etc.)
- Weather resistant – connection for inside and outside application.
- Stable – highly loadable, especially in combination with KNAPP®-Glue PU+
- Safe – the transverse grooves increase the holding force in the borehole – it provides space for the glue in between the dowel and the inner wall of the borehole – secure and immediate fixation and positioning of the components until the glue is hardened.
- Clean – for automated dowel machines, we recommend simple white glue (for example PVAc) for easy and simple cleaning of the machines.
- Automatic processing – KNAPP-Dowels work very well for automatic processing.
Knock in, optionally gluing with KNAPP®-ADHESIVE PU+.
UV-resistant, self-tightening dowel.
Dowel-jig, power drill, dowel inserting machine.
All kinds of wood materials (solid and composite materials).
Carcase furniture, interior design, windows, shopfitting.
KNAPP®-ADHESIVE PU+ | Art.-No. Z011