The KLICK connector serves as a non-visible, snap-in connector for components with small dimensions, such as moldings and trims. The KLICKpro is a connector that sits in a dado or rabbet and serves as an adapter for the KLICK and sKLICK. The KLICK-Systems is one of KNAPP®’s most versatile and popular connectors amongst woodworkers. Our custom KLICK Dovetail Router Bit is specifically designed to route the groove for the KLICK and sKLICK.
KLICK – Dovetail Connector
$26.25 – $105.00
The KLICK snap-in connector is a double dovetail connector and sits in both sides of a dovetail-shaped groove that is routed in both joining components. The KLICKpro is a connector that has an integrated dovetail and serves as an adapter for the KLICK and sKLICK. The KLICKpro sits in a dado or rabbet and can be simply attached with nails/staples or screws. Our patented dovetail design for the KLICK and sKLICK is cut with our custom KLICK Dovetail Router Bit available with a 1/4″, 1/2″ and 8 mm shank. The KLICK-Systems is one of our most versatile and popular connector amongst woodworkers and Architectural Millworkers. i.e. The KLICK and KLICKpro combined are widely used for window and door casing applications, inside and outside as all of the connectors are made of UV and weather resistant plastic.
Features and Benefits:
- Fast assembly
- Dovetail groove can be pre-cut.
- Components are simply snapped together in seconds
- Reduces labor and equipment cost i.e. no splitting of trim by nailing, no filling of nail holes
- Non-visible connector
- Appeals to the architect and customer
- no holes in the finished workpiece
- Pulls itself into the groove, thus no clamping is necessary
- No glue necessary
- Works especially well for components with small dimensions where pin and brad nails would be used
- Can be disassembled and re-assembled if needed
- Made with UV weather resistant plastic thus used indoor and outdoors.
- Can be used on materials with small dimensions as little as 3/8″ (9,5 mm) in thickness and width
- Made of strong and durable PA6 plastic that can withstand temperatures of up to 300℉ without deformation.
- Fiberglass reinforce and impact resistant
- Perfect for industrial manufacturing with CNC
- Used with all wood and board materials
- Can be used as a clamping aid while the glue dries
- Recommended glue for a permanent joint → KNAPP®-Adhesive PU+ (Z011/1)
- Moldings and trims such as light rail, crown, and toe kicks
- Window and door casings
- Face frames
- Clamping aid
- Case Goods
- Architectural Millwork
Windows and Doors
Trim and Mouldings
- Cut dovetail groove on both workpieces using our custom KLICK Dovetail Router Bit (K048/F)
- Press KLICK into the groove
- Assemble opposing workpiece using a rubber mallet
- The KLICK is specifically designed to pull itself deeper into the patented dovetail groove, thus, making this connector self-tightening.
- Use one KLICK connector every 8-10 inches or as desired for maximum self-tightening strength.
Note for CNC machining
- For easier processing, pre-cut a 4 mm kerf before using the KLICK Dovetail Router Bit (K048/F)