The FAST biscuit is a #20 self-tightening, non-visible plastic snap-in connector and can be used in all wood materials. The two connector pieces are simply knocked into the biscuit cut with a hammer. The patented cutting edges hold the connector in the slot with no glue required. Simply snap-in the male into the female part to carry out the assembly. If needed, it can be reinforced by adding drops of KNAPP®-Adhesive PU+ (Z011/1) when installing the connector pieces. Make sure that you insert the connector parts mirrored into the components. This connection is immediately load bearing, putting NO halt on the manufacturing process. The FAST connector is suitable for all types of snap-in connections, especially where design or space conditions do not allow the usual sliding connection, or for a very simple self-assembly by the end user. Add KNAPP®-Adhesive PU+ (Z011/1) to the joint before final assembly for a permanent joint.
Features and Benefits:
- Fast assembly
- Components simply snap-in and join together in a second.
- Reduces labor and equipment cost
- Non-visible connector
- Appeals to the architect and customer
- no need to clamp the workpiece during assembly
- snaps straight in and is used where design or space conditions do not allow the usual sliding connection
- Gluing aid
- Very popular to use as a gluing aid
- Works great for RTA furniture.
- Used with all wood and board materials
- Recommended glue for a permanent joint → KNAPP®-Adhesive PU+ (Z011/1) or to install with the connector for reinforcement
- Case Goods
- Architectural Millwork
- Gluing aid
- Moldings and trim
- Face frames
- False fronts