The DUO-System is strategically engineered for fast processing while maintaining a design of traditional frame joints in furniture making. The DUO-System is simple and easy-to-use, even for the end user.
DUO System – Frame Connectors
$22.92 – $495.50
DUO-System Frame Connectors
The DUO-System provides the optical qualities of traditional frame joints while being engineered in an innovative manner for fast processing and application. For example, the DUO 100/15 is an ideal frame connector for beds, and, like all KNAPP connectors, is non-visible, can be disassembled, and self-tightening. Beds made with the DUO 100/15 provide the perfect finished look with no visible fastener parts.
The Duo system is non-visible as it is installed in a mortise or rebate using our Routing Jig with a depth of 13 mm and milled either into the end-grain or face of the wood component. The DUO-System connector consists of two identical connector parts, made of high strength blue-galvanized weather-resistant steel, and is manufactured in Austria.
The choice of the correct DUO connector size depends on the used timber dimension. The milling operations can be made optionally with a hand router or a CNC. It is so quick and easy to assemble that even the end-user can do it, and with 8 different sizes, you will be sure to find the exact size you need.
Features and Benefits:
- Fast assembly
- Efficient and very good to use in production line manufacturing.
- Components are simply hooked together in seconds
- Reduces labor and equipment cost
- Efficient: High degree of pre-manufacturing.
- Components can be transported and simply assembled on site.
- Non-visible connector
- Appeals to the architect and customer
- Adjust with the included pan head screw to desired tightness
- Can be disassembled and reassembled
- The wood component can shrink and swell, while the joint can be adjusted and re-tightened via the screws of the fastener.
- Safe and tested by HFA (Holzforschung Austria)
- Perfect for industrial manufacturing with CNC
- For handheld routers, use the Routing Jig for a perfect installation every time.
- Used with all wood and board materials
- Tables and chairs
- Bed frames
- Stairs i.e. stringer to post
- Columns and beams
- Booths and pews
- Interior design
- Small timber construction