The DUO 30 and DUO 35 hook connectors come in 30 mm and 35 mm and consists of two identical round shaped steel brackets that hook into each other in a dovetail-like manner. They form a stable load-bearing connection immediately after screwing and hooking together the parts. They can be simply installed using the KNAPP® Forstner Bit with our custom adjustable depth gauge.
DUO – Hook Connector
The DUO 30 and DUO 35 hook connectors come in 30 and 35 mm and consist of two identical round shaped steel brackets that hook into each other in a dovetail-like manner. They form a stable load-bearing connection immediately after screwing and hooking together the parts. They can be simply installed using the KNAPP® Forstner Bit with our custom adjustable depth gauge.
Because of the bracket’s round shape, it can be easily fitted into a ∅ 30 mm x 3 mm recess. Utilizing the DUO Center Punch you can mark the wall and/or counterpart at the exact spot where the connection is to be made.
Two versions: mL = with sideways tolerance of 1/8+ (1,7 mm). oL = without sideways tolerance
Features and Benefits:
- Fast assembly
- Components are simply hooked together in seconds
- Reduces labor and equipment cost
- Non-visible connector
- Appeals to the architect and customer
- Can be disassembled if needed
- The DUO 30 mm can be used with a Locking Clip making the connection permanent
- Low recess depth of 3 mm
- Two sizes ø = 30 mm and 35 mm
- Two versions mL and oL (with and without sideways space)
- Can be used with standard screws
- Hooking way 15mm
- Attach components flush, 3 mm, or 6 mm away
- Perfect for industrial manufacturing with CNC
- Used with all wood and board materials
- For the DUO 35, Euro-screws are recommended
- Wall Panels
- Stair Treads
- Windows and doors
- Architectural Millwork
- Furniture Material
Doors and Windows
Stairway and Handrails
- Determine placement of hook connector using our KNAPP® Drilling Jig.
- Using our KNAPP® Forstner Bit, drill a 30 or 35 mm hole.
- Place the DUO Center Punch in hole and align workpiece, pressing firmly to transfer mark on desired connection.
- Screw hook connectors into workpiece opposite of each other using screws suitable for the material used. For the DUO 30, we recommend 3×13 CS-screws and for the DUO 35, we recommend Euro-screws.
- Simply hook together your workpiece.
- Using the KNAPP® Drilling Jig, your hole placement will be perfect every time.
- The patented adjustable depth gauge on our KNAPP® Forstner Bit will allow you to drill the exact depth time and time again.
- Use the Locking Clip for the DUO 30 Hook Connector to make a permanent connection
- The DUO mL allows 1/8+ movement left and right, whereas the DUO oL does not allow left and right movement.