The CLIPS biscuit is a #20 two-piece snap-in plastic connector and can be glued in all wood materials. The ribbed pin is simply snapped into the fork.
CLIPS – Biscuit Connector
The CLIPS biscuit is a #10 two-piece snap-in plastic connector and can be glued in all wood materials. The ribbed pin is simply snapped into the fork. The ribs in the pin enable the position of a part to be adjusted; it can also be rotated 360° around the axis of the pin. This allows for a wide range of applications: from louvered vents to access panels, which can simply be snapped-in as well as serves simultaneously as a connector and hinge.
Features and Benefits:
- Fast assembly
- snaps straight in and is used where design or space conditions do not allow the usual sliding connection
- Reduces labor and equipment cost
- Hidden connector
- Appeals to the architect and customer
- Hinge function
- The CLIPS also functions as a hinge and that way opens up applications such as access panels or louvered vents
- Widely used in RTA and KD furniture
- Used with all wood and board materials
- Recommended glue → KNAPP®-Adhesive PU+ (Z011/1)
- Case Goods
- Architectural Millwork
- False fronts
- Make biscuit slot with biscuit joiner or CNC
- Add approx. 1/2″ bead of KNAPP®-Adhesive PU+ (Z011/1) in the middle and deepest point of the slot.
- Press in the direction of the slot.
- Wait until cured
- To assemble the parts, snap-in the ribbed pin into the fork.
- By inserting the fork part on the various ribs of the pin, the position of the parts can be varied in 2 mm steps (in the case of the second groove from below-three steps upwards and one step downwards). The fork part can be rotated 360° around the pin axis (hinging effect).